Comet Compact Distress Signal Launcher
A smaller version of the Personal Distress Signal Launcher containing 3 red cartridges.
COMET PERSONAL SIGNAL LAUNCHER
Easy Load & Unloading Slot Feature
The lightweight, Comet Compact Signal Launcher contains 3 red aerial flare cartridges and a penjector firing mechanism, all enclosed in a tough, water-resistant case. The penjector is fitted with a stainless-steel spring and striker pin. It features a slot for easy loading and unloading of the flare cartridges. These are stored inside the casing on an elastic lanyard to avoid them being lost when the base cap is unscrewed.
- Compact Signal Launchers are designed primarily for use on yachts, dinghies, Personal Water Craft, canoes and sailboards, but have many applications as a general-purpose distress signal for aviation, hill-walking, climbing, skiing and other outdoor pursuits.
- Each cartridge projects its payload to a height of 50 metres, burns for over 5 seconds at a minimum of 10,000 candela and is visible for at least 5 miles in daylight increasing to 10 miles at night, depending on weather conditions. Operating instructions are on the case.
*Due to shipping restrictions on dangerous goods please contact us for a quotation*
Need any help? Get in touch with an expert via the contact form below.
Application: For use in day and night distress signal situations
Dimensions: 145mm x 40mm x 25mm (5.7 x 1.6 x 1.0 in)
Net Explosive Content: Approx 16g per pack (0.56 oz) 5.25g per cartridge (0.19 oz)
Burning time: over 5 seconds
Height: 50 metres (164’)
Light intensity: 10,000 candela
Weight: 125g (4.41oz) in display box 80g (2.82) just the signal pen filled with three cartridges
For day or night-use only when rescue services are sighted
1. Unscrew base cap.
2. Place trigger in safety catch position.
3. Load the flare cartridge attached to lanyard by sliding into slot on penjector.
4. To fire, hold the penjector firmly at arms length above and away from face and body, pull back penjector trigger and release – fire vertically and be prepared for slight recoil and loud report
Packing & Transport Information based on 50 Units
50 kits per fibreboard carton
Gross weight: 6.9 kg (15.21 lb.)
Net weight: 6.3 kg (13.89 lb.)
Hazard Class: 1.4G
Net Explosive Content per carton: 0.8 kg (1.76 lb.)
Measurements of carton: 37 x 27 x 27 cm (15 x 11 x 11 in)
Proper Shipping Name: Cartridges, Signal
Other Information: Cargo Aircraft only
When not carried, the signal should be stored in a robust, specially designed Polybottle, or in a dry location at ambient temperature.
MANUFACTURERS & DISTRIBUTORS OF SPECIALIST SAFETY EQUIPMENT
Latest News Articles
Posted: August 24, 2022Fast Inflation Shelter Series: Search & Rescue
Search & Rescue Rapid Deployment Air Shelter - a range of accessories available for faster air inflation output and speed rescue & recovery
Posted: August 19, 2022Fast Inflation Shelter Series: 'Pop Up' Medical Tents
Fast Inflation Emergency Air Shelters for rapid deployment - Browse the full range of inflatable tents, with accessories available!
Posted: August 08, 2022SB Rescue Sling & MOB Vertical Recovery (What you need to know!)
The SB Rescue Sling: MOB & Body Recovery System ((MCA & SOLAS accepted) for vertical recovery with rapid rescue - Full range of SB Rescue Sling & Accessories available!
Posted: July 28, 2022Official 2022 Distributors of the Jason's Cradle MOB System!
I.C Brindle are now official partners with Jason's Cradle! Distributing the full range of the world's leading MOB recovery system - at retail and discounted prices.