Comet Personal Distress Signal Launcher
A lightweight personal signal launcher containing 9 red aerial flares.
COMET PERSONAL SIGNAL LAUNCHER
Lightweight & Durable, with User-Friendly Operation
The lightweight, Comet Personal Signal Launcher pack contains 9 red aerial flare cartridges and a penjector firing mechanism, all enclosed in a tough, water-resistant case. The penjector is fitted with a stainless-steel spring and striker pin. It features a slot for easy loading and unloading of the flare cartridge with the trigger in the safety catch position.
How to Use:
- Comet Personal Signal Launcher are designed primarily for use on yachts, dinghies, Personal Water Craft, canoes and sailboards, but have many applications as a general-purpose distress signal for aviation, hill-walking, climbing, skiing and other outdoor pursuits.
- Each cartridge projects its payload to a height of 50 metres, burns for over 5 seconds at a minimum of 10,000 candela and is visible for at least 5 miles in daylight increasing to 10 miles at night, depending on weather conditions.
- Note - Operating instructions are on the case
*Due to shipping restrictions on dangerous goods please contact us for a quotation*
Need any help? Get in touch with an expert via the contact form below.
Application: For use in day and night distress signal situations
Dimensions: 180mm x 58mm x 25mm (7.1 x 2.28 x 1.0 in)
Height: 50 metres (164’)
Net Explosive Content: Approx 48g per set (1.69 oz) 5.25g per cartridge (0.19 oz)
Burning time: over 5 seconds
Light intensity: 10,000 candela
Weight: 190g (6.7oz) in display box 147g (5.19oz) just the magazine filled with nine cartridges and the signal pen
For day or night-use only when rescue services are sighted
1. Open case.
2. Remove penjector from pack.
3. Place trigger in safety catch position.
4. Load the flare cartridge by sliding into slot on penjector.
5. To fire, hold the penjector firmly at arms length above and away from face and body, pull back penjector trigger and release – fire vertically and be prepared for slight recoil and loud report.
Packing & Transport Information based on 56 Units
50 kits per fibreboard carton
Gross weight: 10.1 kg (22.27 lb.)
Net weight: 9.5 kg (20.94 lb.)
Hazard Class: 1.4G
Net Explosive Content per carton: 2.4 kg (2.59 lb.)
Measurements of carton: 37 x 27 x 27 cm (15 x 11 x 11 in)
Proper Shipping Name: Cartridges, Signal
Other Information: Cargo Aircraft only
When not carried, the signal should be stored in our robust, specially designed Polybottle, or in a dry location at ambient temperature.
MANUFACTURERS & DISTRIBUTORS OF SPECIALIST SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- Legacy - MOB Double Horizontal Lifting Strop£354.00 £295.00In stock
- Mullion - SOLAS Fire Fighters Complete Kit£655.20 £546.00In stock
- Mullion Compact 150 Regular Lifejacket
Starting at £137.40 £114.50In stock
Latest News Articles
Posted: February 16, 2023Taking your EMS Training to the Next Level: The Importance of Using Realistic Manikins During Medical Emergency Scenarios
Paramedic or HART teams require manikins, designed for specialist training to prepare emergency response workers for time-critical situations! And saving lives. Ruth Lee provides realistic training manikins that mimic a real-life patient in a number of ways. Crucial for effective EMS training.
Posted: August 24, 2022Fast Inflation Shelter Series: Search & Rescue
Search & Rescue Rapid Deployment Air Shelter - a range of accessories available for faster air inflation output and speed rescue & recovery
Posted: August 19, 2022Fast Inflation Shelter Series: 'Pop Up' Medical Tents
Fast Inflation Emergency Air Shelters for rapid deployment - Browse the full range of inflatable tents, with accessories available!
Posted: August 08, 2022SB Rescue Sling & MOB Vertical Recovery (What you need to know!)
The SB Rescue Sling: MOB & Body Recovery System ((MCA & SOLAS accepted) for vertical recovery with rapid rescue - Full range of SB Rescue Sling & Accessories available!