BESTO 220N SOLAS Twin Chamber Auto Harness Lifejacket
220N SOLAS MED Adult Auto/Harness Inflatable Twin chamber Lifejacket. Designed according to SOLAS / MED lifejacket requirments. Automatic and manual inflation system options. Ideal for all weather conditions, and when wearing heavy, protective water-proof clothes.
BESTO TWIN CHAMBER 220N - SOLAS
The Twin Chamber 220N Besto Lifejacket is an automatically operated life-jacket. Designed in accordance with SOLAS / MED requirements. One or both chambers automatically inflate or can be inflated manually. Or, by use of the oral tube. This auto-inflatable lifejacket comes in the standard Cordura 420 cover that is easy to clean. Featuring a tailored design, and soft fleece collar for added comfort when worn. The SOLAS 220 Newton Besto Life jacket can be used on the open sea, and suitable in all weather conditions, such as extreme weather. And when wearing heavy protective waterproof clothing.
220n Twin Chamber SOLAS Lifejacket Key Features & Equipment Benefits:
- Fufills requirements set out by SOLAS / MED
- Cordura 420 Cover which is easy to clean
- Automatic and Manual inflation system options
- Oral inflation tube for additonal manual inflation
- Tailored design for a secure fit around the wearer
- Zipper closing for easy repack of the lifejacket
- Intergrated harness for added security of the lifejacket
- Adjustable double crotch strap, so that the lifejacket to sit better on the torso — enchancing safety performance
- Fleece collar for additional comfort around neck and shoulders when worn
- Standard system: Halkey Roberts V90000 or United Moulders MK5
Lifejacket Technical Information:
- 43g CO2 Cylinder
- SOLAS Safety Light
- Buoyancy: 220 Newtons
- Size: Universal 43+kg
Approved by International Standards / Certifications:
- ISO 12402-3: 220N
- Maritiime PPE Standards:
- EN 396 / EN ISO 12402-3: 150N Life Jackets - "Have a buoyancy of no less than 150 Newtons for the average adult. This level is intended for general application or for use with foul weather clothing."
- SOLAS / MED - "The International Maritime Organisation governs the Convention of Safety Of Life at Sea - SOLAS. This Convention requires that SOLAS requirements are met for all life-saving equipment carried and used on board all ships on international voyages including passenger ships and cargo ships of 500 gross tonnes or more. This includes lifejackets, abandonment suits and immersion suits. Recognition that the equipment fully complies with the requirements of the MED - Marine Equipment Directive - will be denoted by a ‘Ships Steering Wheel’ mark which must be on all equipment sold to European Community Ships of 500 tons or more in size".
- SOLAS Lifejackets - "All lifejackets must be of double chamber design with 2 automatic inflation systems as well as be fitted with a SOLAS approved light and buddy line for optimum safety."
Need Your Lifejackets Serviced?
We are a lifejacket Service Station!
Need any help? Get in touch with an expert via the contact form below.
|Lifejacket Buoyancy||220 Newtons|
Standard Cordura 420 cover
SOLAS safety light
Approval - SOLAS & MED
Double crotch strap harness
43g CO2 Cylinder
Halkey Roberts V90000 or United Moulders MK5 system
Solas Safety Light
Buoyancy: 220 Newtons
Size: Universal 43+kg
MANUFACTURERS & DISTRIBUTORS OF SPECIALIST SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- Legacy - MOB Double Horizontal Lifting Strop£354.00 £295.00In stock
- Mullion - SOLAS Fire Fighters Complete Kit£655.20 £546.00In stock
- Mullion Compact 150 Regular Lifejacket
Starting at £137.40 £114.50In stock
Latest News Articles
Posted: May 24, 2023Creating a Culture of Maritime Safety: Minimise Risks Aboard your Vessel with Man Overboard Equipment.
Investing in appropriate man overboard equipment plays a critical role in safeguarding lives at sea. Simultaneously, implementing necessary precautions is essential for preventing incidents. By establishing stringent safety protocols, providing comprehensive training, and conducting regular drills, we can actively mitigate the risks associated with man overboard (MOB) situations. These proactive measures ensure that crew members are well-prepared and equipped to respond swiftly and effectively during emergencies.
This article delves into the significance of enhancing safety at sea through the utilisation of innovative MOB equipment such as Cradles, Ladders, and Slings; exploring various reliable and approved solutions designed specifically to address the risks linked with MOB incidents. By prioritising safety, fostering a culture of preparedness, and investing in suitable MOB equipment, you can help to promote best practices, safety training programs, and awareness initiatives within the maritime community.
The collective effort to acknowledge potential dangers, implement precautions, and invest in effective MOB equipment contributes to the establishment of a secure maritime environment. By adhering to these practices together as a maritime community, we prioritise the well-being of all individuals involved in maritime activities, whether commercial, or leisure — and ensuring their safety remains paramount.
Posted: May 10, 2023Ensuring your Marine Safety: Lifebuoy Housing for Accessibility, Visibility, Weather Protection, and Anti-Theft
Explore the benefits of lifebuoy housing for marine safety equipment, such as encapsulated lifebuoys and buoyany throwing lines. Learn how storing your life-saving equipment enhances accessibility, visibility, weather protection, and anti-theft features, ensuring your rescue tools are in optimal condition, and readily available. This article explores the advantages of lifebuoy housing, from easy access during emergencies to improved visibility in challenging conditions. Keep your marine equipment secure with innovative solutions. Read now and stay ahead in marine safety practices.
Posted: April 28, 2023Fast Inflation Shelter Series: Armed Forces & Military
Discover how Fast Inflation Shelters from I.C. Brindle offer Armed Forces and Military Personnel a reliable and efficient inflatable shelter option for harsh environmental conditions. With quick set-up times, this shelter provides tactical advantages for safety, supply routes, and secure base operations. Ideal for medical facilities, temporary housing, and tactical operations, Fast Inflation Shelters are a secure and comfortable option for military personnel.
Posted: April 04, 2023Lifejacket vs Buoyancy Aid: Why You Need to Know the Difference
Learn the key differences between Buoyancy Aids and Lifejackets. This article highlights the varying levels of buoyancy and safety features for specific water activity. Read on to ensure that you are choosing the right personal flotation device for your needs.