Man Overboard Training Manikin (MOB) - Water Rescue Training Dummy - Man Overboard Simulation Mannequin
This Ruth Lee Man Overboard Training Manikin is designed for MOB searches and rescue exercises. Suitable for drills in open water, streams, lakes and in-land wateraways. Dry weight 40Kg (Adult) increases to approximately 65Kg retrieval weight from water.
Water Rescue Man Overboard Training Manikin - Simulation Dummy for Training and Simulation of Man Overboard Scenarios
Designed and Purposed for MOB Search and Rescues
The Ruth Lee Man Overboard (MOB) Training Dummy is ideal for in-water search and rescue training scenarios. Manufactured with rescue and retrieval situations in mind, this MOB training manikin simulates a live person, or dead body — with a dry weight 40Kg (Adult) which increases to approximately 65Kg retrieval weight when in water. This enables crews and personnel to adequately train for search and rescue scenarios under appropriate conditions, increasing the chances of a proficient rescue in a real life situation, should the time come.
Key Features and Equipment Benefits:
- Versatile Floating Positions: The overalls allow the manikin to float horizontally, vertically, or at a 45-degree angle, simulating the behavior of a live person or a deceased body. This flexibility can be achieved by quickly redistributing foam pieces within the overalls. *Adult and Youth Manikins Only*
- Rapid Water Penetration: The tough nylon mesh carcass facilitates quick water penetration, causing the legs to drop beneath the surface while leaving the head and shoulders visible if desired.
- Dry weight 40Kg (Adult) increases to approximately 65Kg retrieval weight from water.
- Bright orange overalls and SOLAS reflective tapeon the head make the manikin highly visible.
- Easy Handling and Storage: The strong webbing loop at the back enables effortless handling, storage, and suspension for drying purposes.
- Built in Polypropylene strips allow flexibility in the water but prevent the manikin from bending in half when using recovery devices such as a Jason’s Cradle.
- Replaceable Overalls and Boots: The package includes easily replaceable overalls and boots, allowing for convenient replacement in case of damage.
- Weight Specifications: The dry weight of the manikin is 40kg (for the adult size), while the retrieval weight from water increases to approximately 65kg.
What Industries use the MOB Manikin?
- UK Ministry of Defence Army and Navy
- RLNI (Royal National Lifeboat Institution)
- All UK Fire & Rescue Services.
- Offshore operators.
- Coastguards & Lifeguards.
- Inland Water Rescue Teams.
- Shipping & Fishing industries.
- Equivalent organisations in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia
- Carcass constructed from nylon mesh.
- High density polypropylene webbing (25mm rated to 207 Kg, 50mm rated to 440Kg)
- SOLAS reflective tape compliant with US Department of Transportation specification USCG 46 CFR, section 164.018, and
International MaritimeOrganisation (IMO) resolution A.658(16).
- Non-absorbent closed cell foam – water absorption:1 Day <0.1 (DIN 53428 1986) 28 Days < 0.5%VOL.
- Overall constructed from the same material used in Police ballistic / stab vests (conforms to OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, BS EN ISO 12947-2 &14116: 2008
Need any help? Get in touch with an expert via the contact form below.
Floats horizontally, vertically or at 45 degrees, simulating live person or body in the water
Strong webbing loop: easy handling storage and suspension for drying.
Tough nylon mesh carcass
Dry weight 60K and 95Kg retrieval weight from water.
Soft body joints
An immobilisation/extrication collar can befitted around the neck (adult)
Built in polypropylene strips for added flexibility
Comes complete with overalls and boots
Retro-reflective tape (USCG compliant).
Not Suited For:
Use in temperatures above 100°C