Markus Overboard Rescue Nets
MARKUS OVERBOARD RESCUE NETS
The MarkusNet is a rescue device that enables one person to react immediately and effectively to a man overboard situation along a ship side or quay. It enables rescuers to lift the victim in seconds, despite the freeboard height of the vessel, thereby greatly decreasing the level of danger — It can also be used with a crane. The MarkusNet type MS is mandatory equipment on decked vessels in several countries. It is also standard equipment in all harbors in Iceland and is now the model for international standards. This rapid deployment MOB equipment provides the ability to lift/hoist crew while standing or siting in the net, it can also be used to lift/hoist unconscious crew in a horizontal position.
Key Features & Equipment Benefits
- Easily deployed by a single deck crew to lift an MOB onboard either manually with a helping deck hand, or using a mechanical hoisting system (short boom and winch)
- Can be used to rescue a MOB in standing, sitting, or horizontal position, whether manually or hoist-assisted
- May also be used as an emergency ladder on deck boats with a low freeboard
- Complete with a weighted throw line (25 meters) and lift lines (up to 40 meters) in order to safely respond to an inwater rescue operation.
- Once the MOB is secure in the MarkusNet, the MOB can be transfered to an FRC, SOLAS vessel or SAR airlift
- Manufactured in several versions, depending on freeboard height
- Available in four standard LR / SOLAS type approved versions.
MarkusNet Type MS: LR / SOLAS Approved
- MS.05 - for use up to 5m freeboard height
- MS.10 - for use up to 10m freeboard height
- MS.20 - for use up to 20m freeboard height
- MS.30 - for use up to 30m freeboard height
- Lloyd's registry / SOLAS type approved versions
- Packed in rigid cas, preventing damage to MOB equipment
MarkusNet Type MS: Sailing & Boating
- MS.00 (Sailing) - for small deck boats and yachts
- MS.02 (Boating) - for less than 2m lifting height
- Same net structure and quality as the commerially produced / marine market versions
- Packed in soft bag for easy stowage
Need any help? Get in touch with an expert via the contact form below.
Weight of net structure: 4 Kg
Rigid container size: L70 x H51 x W21 cm
|Product No.||For Heights up to||Total Weight Kg|
- Screw pack
- Instruction poster
- Man overboard safety training guide
- Brochure and description sheet
- Lloyd´s Register EMEA approval document
- 7 min CD training video