Mountain Rescue Training Manikin
Train for avalanche rescue with the Ruth Lee Mountain Rescue manikinm. Made from flame-retardant Polyester and foam, it's lightweight, strong and easy to carry with its backpack. This unique manikin is the only one in the world integrated with RECCO® reflectors, making avalanche victims easily searchable by professional rescuers. RECCO® detectors are already used in over 800 ski resorts worldwide.
Moutain Rescue Training Manikin
In collaboration with Scottish Mountain Rescue, the Mountain Rescue Manikin was created to overcome the challenge of using heavy standard manikins for training scenarios involving body recovery after an avalanche on a mountain. This training dummy is made of flame retardant Polyester, which is four times stronger than P.V.C. It's filled with foam, making it lightweight and easy to move. It includes a backpack for easy transport. Our Mountain Rescue manikin is the only one in the world with RECCO® reflectors, which make avalanche victims searchable to rescuers. RECCO® detectors are used in over 800 ski resorts worldwide.
Key Features & Equipment Benefits:
- Easily transportable at 11kg, thanks to the included backpack.
- Foam filling gives body-like resistance when probing, adding to realism.
- Secure pockets protect electronic transceivers, if used.
- Life-like facial features and mouth cavity for obstruction checks.
- Water repellent and non-absorbent material, reducing drying time after use.
- Soft body joints eliminate pinch welts and bruising common with plastic manikins.
- Immobilisation/extrication collar can be fitted for proper casualty care.
- Comes with boots, overalls, and backpack, all easily replaceable if damaged.
Favoured by Organisations and Industries:
- Currently used by Mountain Rescue teams across the Uk and Europe.
- Regularly exported to rescue professionals in 13 countries worldwide, with the USA, France, Switzerland and Germany being big markets
- Ruth Lee Training Manikins article on Scottish Mountain Rescue website
- Avalanche rescue teams in alpine regions
- Equivalent organisations across North & South America, Europe, Australia and Asia
- Made from flame retardant material used in Police ballistic/stab vests, with 4x the strength and abrasion resistance of 16oz canvas or P.V.C.
- Conforms to OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, BS EN ISO 12947-2 & 14116:2008.
- Uses high density polypropylene webbing rated up to 207 Kg (25mm) and 440Kg (50mm).
- Includes RECCO® reflectors for easier location by rescue teams.
- Adult Manikin Size: 1.8m
- Packed Weight: 11Kg
Need any help? Get in touch with an expert via the contact form below.
Lightweight at 11Kg with foam-filled body for added realism
Secure pockets for electronic transceiver protection
Life-like facial features and mouth cavity for airway check
Water-repellent, non-absorbent material for quick drying
Soft body joints to prevent pinch welts and bruising
Immobilisation/extrication collar for proper casualty care
Complete with replaceable boots, overalls, and backpack
Made from flame retardant material used in Police ballistic/stab vests, with 4x the strength and abrasion resistance of 16oz canvas or P.V.C.
Conforms to OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, BS EN ISO 12947-2 & 14116:2008.
Uses high density polypropylene webbing rated up to 207 Kg (25mm) and 440Kg (50mm).
Includes RECCO® reflectors for easier location by rescue teams.
Not Suited For:
Use in temperatures above 100°C or flashover
Use in water
MANUFACTURERS & DISTRIBUTORS OF SPECIALIST SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- Legacy - MOB Double Horizontal Lifting Strop£354.00 £295.00In stock
- Mullion - SOLAS Fire Fighters Complete Kit£655.20 £546.00In stock
- Mullion Compact 150 Regular Lifejacket
Starting at £137.40 £114.50In stock
Latest News Articles
Posted: February 16, 2023Taking your EMS Training to the Next Level: The Importance of Using Realistic Manikins During Medical Emergency Scenarios
Paramedic or HART teams require manikins, designed for specialist training to prepare emergency response workers for time-critical situations! And saving lives. Ruth Lee provides realistic training manikins that mimic a real-life patient in a number of ways. Crucial for effective EMS training.
Posted: August 24, 2022Fast Inflation Shelter Series: Search & Rescue
Search & Rescue Rapid Deployment Air Shelter - a range of accessories available for faster air inflation output and speed rescue & recovery
Posted: August 19, 2022Fast Inflation Shelter Series: 'Pop Up' Medical Tents
Fast Inflation Emergency Air Shelters for rapid deployment - Browse the full range of inflatable tents, with accessories available!
Posted: August 08, 2022SB Rescue Sling & MOB Vertical Recovery (What you need to know!)
The SB Rescue Sling: MOB & Body Recovery System ((MCA & SOLAS accepted) for vertical recovery with rapid rescue - Full range of SB Rescue Sling & Accessories available!