SOLAS Proteus Immersion Suit - MED & SOLAS Approved & Certified to LSA Code & IMO MSC 81
Insulated SOLAS immersion suit, to be worn in conjunction with a certified MED - SOLAS approved lifejacket. Certified with accordance to MED 2014/90 / EC, SOLAS 77, L.S.A Code & IMO 81 (70) as amended. Protects against hypothermia and risk of 'cold shock' when immersed in water.
SOLAS Approved "Proteus" Insulated Immersion Suit
The Proteus SOLAS Approved Immersion suit is ergonomically designed for a range of commerical applications. Whilst simultaneously offering you protection from immersion hypothermia during cold water immersion. This insulated immersion suit is approved according to SOLAS LSA CODE MSC 81/70. Featuring SOLAS approved Neoprene gloves and a water-tight hood, with the seams of the immersion suit being glued and blind-stitched — ensuring that you are protected against the water.
Proteus SOLAS Immersion Suit Key Features & Equipment Benefits:
- SOLAS Approved Insulated Neoprene Immersion suit used for general commercial use
- Approved in accordance to the latest SOLAS regulations
- Exceeding the latest SOLAS specs for hypothermia protection
- Protects against hypothermia and reduces risk of 'cold shock' when immersed in water — increasing your chances of survival
- Made from reinforced neoprene with hidden and glued, blind-stitched seams for complete waterproof protection
- Equipped with a face seal / flap, waterproof zipper, watertight hood, whistle, reflective tapes, neoprene pocket, fingered neoprene gloves, and SOLAS retro-reflective tape
- Suited for all commerical vessels
- Can be donned easily and does not obstruct the freedom of movement
- Intended for use with certified SOLAS-MED approved lifejacket
- Range of sizes: Child, Adult Universal, Adult XLarge
- SOLAS 74, LSA CODE, IMO MSC 81/70, MED 2014/90,
Maritime PPE Standards: SOLAS Immersion & Anti-Exposure Suits
"These Immersion and Anti-Exposure Suits should provide the highest level of safety and performance. They incorporate inherent buoyancy which gives the wearer flotation and thermal protection in order to provide the optimum chance of survival and rescue before any negative effects of cold water immersion set in and to protect against the risks of drowning. In accordance with the SOLAS requirements, according to the LSA Code, Chapter II, 2.3:
Where required as Immersion suits, they are designed to cover the whole body (including boots to cover the feet), with the exception of the face and with separate gloves that are permanently attached to the suit.
Where required as Anti-Exposure suits only, they can be designed and supplied without the boots fitted (as permitted by the Administration) and equipped with a pocket for a portable VHF radio / telephone.
An un-insulated immersion suit or anti-exposure suit is intended to provide the wearer with up to 1 hour protection in a water temperature range of > 5°C.
An insulated immersion suit is intended to provide the wearer with up to 6 hours protection in a water temperature range of > 0°C.
These suits are designed to be worn in conjunction with a compatible SOLAS / MED approved lifejacket."
Need any help? Get in touch with an expert via the contact form below.
Face seal & flap
glued and blind-stitched seems
Intended for use with certified SOLAS-MED approved lifejacket
SOLAS approved insulated Neoprene material
SOLAS approved retro reflective tape
Size Range: Child / Adult Universal / Adult X -Large
Suited for commerical application
Certified: MED 2014/90 / EC, SOLAS 77, L. S. A. Code & IMO 81 (70) as amended.
MANUFACTURERS & DISTRIBUTORS OF SPECIALIST SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- Legacy - MOB Double Horizontal Lifting Strop£354.00 £295.00In stock
- Mullion - SOLAS Fire Fighters Complete Kit£655.20 £546.00In stock
- Mullion Compact 150 Regular Lifejacket
Starting at £137.40 £114.50In stock
Latest News Articles
Posted: February 16, 2023Taking your EMS Training to the Next Level: The Importance of Using Realistic Manikins During Medical Emergency Scenarios
Paramedic or HART teams require manikins, designed for specialist training to prepare emergency response workers for time-critical situations! And saving lives. Ruth Lee provides realistic training manikins that mimic a real-life patient in a number of ways. Crucial for effective EMS training.
Posted: August 24, 2022Fast Inflation Shelter Series: Search & Rescue
Search & Rescue Rapid Deployment Air Shelter - a range of accessories available for faster air inflation output and speed rescue & recovery
Posted: August 19, 2022Fast Inflation Shelter Series: 'Pop Up' Medical Tents
Fast Inflation Emergency Air Shelters for rapid deployment - Browse the full range of inflatable tents, with accessories available!
Posted: August 08, 2022SB Rescue Sling & MOB Vertical Recovery (What you need to know!)
The SB Rescue Sling: MOB & Body Recovery System ((MCA & SOLAS accepted) for vertical recovery with rapid rescue - Full range of SB Rescue Sling & Accessories available!