All orders are accepted subject to our standard.
(a) Despatch date
We will advise you of the expected despatch date by email, and if you have registered on our website, by also updating the status of your order. Most orders are normally despatched within 1-2 working days of receipt (or, if you elected to pay against a Pro-Forma invoice, 1-2 working days of receipt of cleared payment), subject to stock. Products for which the lead-time is greater than this are indicated on the product-page.
We will advise you by email (and by updating the online status of your order) when your purchase is being despatched, including the courier's name and tracking number where appropriate.
If only part of your order is in stock, we will normally despatch the in-stock items and advise you of the expected despatch date for the remainder (you will not be charged any additional delivery costs). In some circumstances, we may however need to contact you first.
If an item is out of stock, and you wish to amend or cancel your order as a result, please call us on +44 (0)1202 657814.
(b) Delivery Method
During Checkout, if you selected:
Customer Collection: please call us on +44 (0)1202 657814 or email to email@example.com to confirm the date/time you or your agent will collect the goods
Use My Courier Account: please advise details of your courier-account by email to firstname.lastname@example.org if we do not already hold the details
All other orders are normally despatched using the following methods:
Orders up to 1 kg: UK: Royal Mail First Class Elsewhere: AirMail
Orders over 1kg: We will use an appropriate UK or international courier (eg Fedex, TNT, ParcelForce etc) using your choice of Economy or Priority delivery.
Our website automatically calculates the delivery cost for most countries. If however the destination country is outside of our main delivery areas, or if the total consignment weight exceeds 300 kg, our website will display only the "Customer Collection" and "Use My Courier Account" options. If you would like us to obtain a specific delivery-quote, please call us on +44 (0)1202 657814 or email to email@example.com.
For deliveries to the UK Channel Islands, please select the delivery country "Jersey" or "Guernsey" at Checkout, so that any VAT will be automatically removed.
(A small number of our products, for example some Marine Distress Signals, are subject to special shipping conditions. If so, this is indicated on the product-page - please contact us for a quotation.)
We accept online payment via Opayo (previously known as SagePay) using Visa, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal.
Opayo is a leading independent payment-service-provider, processes over 4 billion payments a year, and is used by over 50,000 businesses across Europe. All transactions are securely encrypted, and processed through their powerful fraud prevention tools to check if your card details have previously been compromised somewhere else online and to prevent the illegal use of a card by an unauthorised person.
Both Opayo and ourselves fully comply with the PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards). Your card details are processed through Opayo and are not stored by us. Our website is secure, and carries an SSL Certificate. All online orders are processed through secure servers using up to 256 Bit Encryption.
If you are a business customer, we can also offer the options of:
- payment against a Pro-Forma Invoice
- payment on-account, if we have previously agreed credit terms with you. [To apply for a Customer Account with us, please click here.] When you place an order for which you wish to pay on-account, we will update the status of your order to "Account Confirmed" when your order has been accepted.]
Goods delivered within the UK
All the products for which we offer online purchasing on this website are despatched from the UK, and are subject to VAT unless exempted by UK VAT regulations.
If your invoicing address is outside the UK, and you give us a delivery address within the UK, then VAT will be applied to your order. (However, if the ultimate destination of the goods is outside the UK, and the UK delivery address is that of an international forwarding agent, your forwarding agent will be able to reclaim the VAT on your behalf against the appropriate Customs documentation).
If delivery is to the UK Channel Islands, when you reach the Checkout please select the delivery country "Jersey" or "Guernsey" as appropriate, so that our system will automatically remove any VAT.
Goods delivered outside the UK
No VAT is applied in the UK under current UK VAT regulations.
(e) Cancellations and Returns
If you wish to cancel an order or return an item, please contact us as soon as possible. Cancellation can only be made with our written agreement, and subject to the terms of Clause 12 of our.
Please check the contents of your delivery carefully. Any damage, shortage or error must be advised to us in writing within 3 days of delivery. We will then contact you to resolve the problem.
If we delivered the item in error, or if the item is damaged or defective, we will pay the carriage costs of returning and replacing it.
(f) Export restrictions / Import requirements
All the products for which we offer online purchasing on this website:
- are despatched from the UK
- are not currently subject to product-specific global export restrictions by the UK Government
- could be subject to country-specific export restrictions that the UK Government may impose from time to time. (If we receive a purchase order to which we are aware that any such restrictions might apply, we will immediately contact you).
Please note that:
- any Import/Customs duties or taxes etc in the destination country are your responsibility; our delivery charges include arranging UK Customs export clearance and delivery by courier to the specified address, but any duties/taxes in the import country (and any resultant delays etc) are the buyer's responsibility
- it is your responsibility to ensure that any import requirements in the destination country are adhered to and, when necessary, are advised to us prior to despatch. We will not be liable for any costs or losses incurred as a result of our failure to comply with any such requirements that have not been advised to us and agreed in advance.